Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wow!!! It is completely amazing! You walk up to the edge and it doesn't even look real. It doesn't compare to anything you've seen before so it somehow loses credibility. I guess that makes it truly incredible. It's like a painting that's been ridiculously overdone. If seeing the Grand Canyon is not on your list of things to do it needs to be. I've already put "seeing it again" on my list. As I stood there trying to take it all in (and this will probably sound whacked) it was far more than a canyon. I didn't know what, but I knew it was a metaphor. It was far too deep, far too vast, far too intricate to be merely a geographical feature. I was thinking about it more today and I think it's a metaphor of God's extravagance. God wants to give us so much more than we imagine and ask for. I push the limits of my imagination and faith and I ask God for a piece of clay with a little divot pushed into it with my finger and He says "No, I want to give you the Grand Canyon. Just listen for My voice and follow Me and I'll show you." His ways are infinately vast, deep, and beautiful. He wants to give us so much more. That's His love and goodness, His desire to be closer to us.

No comments: